Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 22: A picture of something I wish I could change

There are two things that just break my heart that have absolutely no place in America or even the world. Starving children and homeless veterans.
13 million children in the US are hungry or at risk for hunger. Feeding America has a program that sends backpacks filled with food home with children on the weekends and over holidays. I encourage all of you to see if your school has a chapter or need for one. Or you can just make a donation to help support this vital program.
Also, I wish I could change how many homeless veterans there are. The VA estimates that there are 107,000 veterans on the street on any given night. Also, another 1.5 million are at risk of becoming homeless. It's just appalling that we don't take better care of people who have served our country to keep our liberties safe.

    
Alright, thats my soapbox. I encourage all of you to get involved with something you really care about!