Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Greek Chicken Pizza

I decided to try a recipe from fellow bloggers Heads in the books, still time to cook that they posted last Sunday for a Greek pizza. You should really check them out! They are always making something that sounds delicious! Its a really simple recipe. I'm sure some people like it, but it was not me and Beau's thing. In fact we ordered a meaty pizza from Papa John's right after we stifled down one piece. Anyhow, they can't all be winners.

Here's what you'll need:

16 oz. pizza dough
2 1/2 tbsp. pesto sauce
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
3 tbsp. parmesan
1/8 cup feta
1/2 cup mozzarella
also, I added three (but only needed 2) chicken tenderloins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Then spread pizza dough evenly on cookie sheet. Next add your pesto on dough and top evenly with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and chicken. Then cover with cheeses. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.



Heads in the books also suggested some additional toppings could also include olives and artichoke hearts if they suit your taste buds. And a little balsamic vinegar drizzled on top after the pizza has cooked makes it even better! 

And voila! 


Let me know if yall have any favorite recipes that you'd like me to feature. I'm open to pretty much anything, but squash!