Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Stuffed Chicken Alfredo

Today I made something that I usually reserve for special occasions, but I wanted to impress yall so there!
The first time I made this meal was on Beau and I's two year anniversary trip, which we spent in a cabin in the Blue Ridge mountains. Note to self (and everyone else): do NOT cook a brand new recipe for a special occasion without a test run! See this recipe didn't turn out entirely to plan, but still ended up being delicious.

Here's what you'll need:
2 bone in chicken breasts (can also be boneless skinless chicken breasts, i've used both)
1/2 package of frozen chopped spinach
       -thawed and drained
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup alfredo sauce
2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella

2 Servings

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Next combine spinach, onion and Parmesan.


After thats done either use the cavity that is already in the chicken or cut your own. I prefer to cut my own because I feel like I get more stuffing that way. Then proceed to stuff the mixture inside the chicken cavity. 


Once you have the chickens stuffed, align them on your platter and drizzle them with the alfredo sauce. Once drizzled, bake for 35 minutes (give or take, depending on the size of chicken). Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for another 5 minutes. 


Then enjoy! Serve with linguine or fettuccine noodles, garlic bread and a Caesar salad. Yum!