Thursday, May 19, 2011

(Belated) Recipe Wednesday: Meatloaf and Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus

Finally something not stuffed! Well as much as I would love to share my meatloaf recipe, because let me tell yall, it is rather delicious, I have been sworn to secrecy. Sorry! I wouldn't usually cook something I'm not giving up the recipe to, but me and Beau were craving it.

Anyways, I can share a delicious and healthy side dish with yall.

Here's what you'll need:
3/4 lb of yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1 Tbsp of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 bunch of asparagus
pepper to taste

serves 3


So start by preheating your oven to 425. Then, on a foil covered baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil and seasonings. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
Mix in asparagus and continue cooking 15 minutes.
Then increase the temperature to 450, remove foil and continue cooking an additional 5-10 minutes.
Season with pepper to taste.


Sorry for the complete lack of pictures. I promise I won't be as slack next week!
On another note, Beau and I have been making the effort to take walks after dinner lately and Tuesday we decided to go to the Riverwalk for the first time. It was awesome! So pretty and it just seemed crazy to me that this was a 10 minute walk from downtown Cola. Needless to say we will be frequenting it much more often!



AND for the first time in my life I won something! Yall don't understand, I am a frequent visitor to contestbee.com to enter sweepstakes. I enter anything and everything, even if I'm not that interested in the prize, but up until today I had never won. Today EAS over at Let the Tide Pull Your Dream Ashore informed me I had won her Sperry giveaway!

Here's my loot:


Perfect timing too, Beau is in dire need of a new pair of Sperrys! Thanks again EAS!