Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Random Musings

I haven't had anything substantial to post on lately so I'm just gonna let yall in on some of the things I've been thinking.

Saturday was Beau and I's 2 1/2 year anniversary, but we couldn't celebrate since we were home for mother's day. So we celebrated last night when we got back with a romantic dinner cooked together. :) It turned out quite nice. We originally planned to make crab cakes but it was going to be 3x as expensive to buy all the ingredients than it would've been to get them from Hennessey's so we just did steak instead. Also, I made risotto for the first time, granted it was a microwave version that can be found here. I added mushrooms and onions. Delicious! And look how nice Beau made the table.


Also, yesterday was the episode before the finale of Gossip Girl. I don't know how many of you watch it, but this season has been so exciting. I was browsing cakes on TheKnot.com and found this cake that instantly reminded me of B and her love of macaroons. Since she is engaged to the Prince she should definitely give this cake a look!


How adorbs is that?!

Today I was browsing on Etsy and found the cutest recipe box. I've been looking for a cute recipe box for years and finally found one for all my recipes! Now if I can just get any of these darling monogrammed recipe cards from Dabney Lee!


So cute!