Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms & Paprika Pork Chops

If you have never tried any of my recipes, TRY THE MUSHROOMS! They were so good! I'm not like a huge fan of mushrooms, but I would eat these everyday! I got the recipe from Publix so if you have one check them out. If not, here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 lbs of fresh, large mushrooms
1/2 lb sausage
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 garlic glove, minced
1/2 pkg softened cream cheese
1/4 tsp. hot sauce (I subbed crushed red pepper)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
Sliced green onions or chopped parsley (optional)

For the pork chops:

pork chops (obviously)
salt and pepper to taste
paprika
onion powder

So start out by preheating your oven to 350F/180C. Clean your mushrooms off with a damp paper towel and remove stems.


After that start browning the sausage and onion. When near done add the garlic so it doesn't burn. Drain. Then you stir in the cream cheese, stirring until melted. Then stir in the Worcestershire and hot sauce.


Then just spoon this deliciousness into the mushrooms and bake for about 15 minutes. I did 12 and they were perfect!


After those are in the oven, season your pork chops with salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika. Go heavier than you think you need to on the pork chops since most of it seems to cook off. I wish I had! I cooked mine for around 5 minutes on each side.



Voila! I served this scrumptious meal with jambalaya rice (Zatarain's) and a salad.


BTW, has anyone noticed that 75% of my recipes seem to involve something stuffed?! Just an observation! Let me know how this turns out for yall!